The Organix provides a view into the body’s cellular metabolic processes and the efficiency of metabolic function.
This type of test allows us to identify metabolic blocks or problems with detoxification, gut dysbiosis, or oxidative stress that can be treated using nutritional medicine.
Organic acid disorders (OAs) are a group of rare inherited conditions, caused by enzymes that do not work properly. A number of enzymes are needed to process protein from the food we eat for use by the body. Problems with one or more of these enzymes can cause an organic acid disorder, stopping the body from breaking down protein properly. This causes harmful substances to build up in their blood and urine, which can affect health, growth and learning.
From the test manufacturer: “Organic acids are metabolic intermediates produced in pathways of central energy production, detoxification, neurotransmitter breakdown, and intestinal microbial activity. Accumulation of specific organic acids in urine often signals a metabolic inhibition or block. This abnormality may be due to a nutrient deficiency, an inherited enzyme deficit, toxic build-up, or drug effect.”
The Organix Profile provides important information in the areas of:
- Vitamin and mineral insufficiencies
- Amino acid (protein) insufficiencies like carnitine and N-acetyl cysteine (NAC)
- Oxidative damage and antioxidant sufficiency markers
- Indicators to assess detoxification sufficiency
- The best functional markers of B-complex deficiency
- Neurotransmitter metabolites to assess central nervous system (CNS) function
- Mitochondrial energy production assessment via citric acid cycle components
- Methylation sufficiency status
- Lipoic acid and CoQ10 sufficiency markers
- Specific dysbiosis markers for bacterial and yeast overgrowth